1401 N M-88, Central Lake, Michigan 49622–9684
T (studio): 517-285-3522
T (24/7 line): 517-337-0399
Patty Sutherland, Owner
Yoga North is located in northern Michigan, nestled between the sparkling waters of Intermediate and Torch Lakes and near the charming community of Central Lake. The resort is ideally situated for quick access to great swimming, boating, canoeing, hiking, bicycling, and horseback riding. By day, enjoy the area’s spectacular views and unique shopping in Traverse City, Petoskey, and Charlevoix. By night, dine out at some of the best restaurants in Michigan, enjoy a drink at Short’s Brewery or Mammoth Distillery, or catch the sunset.
Use Our Space
We love working with other yoga teachers! We invite you to contact us about opportunities to:
- Host classes and/or workshops
- Rent out the facilities
- Host a yoga retreat
- Teach SUP yoga
We are flexible and would love to hear your ideas!
In New York City there is a wonderfully hip and heart centered yoga studio called “Yoga To The People,”
that has a manifesto which pretty much sums up our philosophy here at Yoga North:
Know without a doubt that our donation based yoga, our 10 SUP’s, our retreats, our workshops, our gardens, our plant based treats and meals (wildly delicious and nutritious sweet potato black bean raw cacao powder brownies, anyone?) are all about you. Your joy. Your safety. And your path to radiant health and well-being, regardless of how flexible or fit you are today.
Yoga is a practice, and a wonderfully exciting and challenging all bodies welcome path to help empower you to fall in love with YOUR body and YOUR life, one breath at a time. Whether you’re a beginner who can’t touch your toes, a former college or armchair athlete, a runner with bad knees, a stressed out parent of three, a 30, 50, or 70 year old man or woman with chronic back pain or high blood pressure, or a practiced yogi…THIS YOGA IS FOR YOU!
Here at Yoga North, in this, our first year of a beautifully synergistic partnership with MI Hot Yoga Studios, we are thrilled to be sharing:
- Our pretty darn perfect Up North location (only 30 minutes to Charlevoix, and just 45 minutes to both Traverse City and Petoskey!)
- Our spacious new heated donation based yoga studio offering all levels welcome classes (Aromatherapy Candlelight Flow, anyone?)
- Our seven remodeled guestrooms and one suite available to rent by the night, weekend, or the week. You can find them on Airbnb under Central Lake, MI.
- Our 2018 offerings of weekend retreats from Glacial Hills Hiking, Yoga, and Plant Based Feasting, Singing Bowls, SUP Yoga, and more.
- Our 10 Stand Up Paddleboards for classes and rental.